Optimize your domain
Rate your website by knowing exactly what is important for local search engine optimization. Site crawl to troubleshoot any issues related to:
- Broken links.
- Missing metadata.
- Duplicate content.
- Zombie pages.
You can do this using a tool like SEOptimer
After correcting explicit bugs (your domain becomes neutral again), look for ways to improve them directly.
Optimize all these:
- Navigation: Simplify navigation structure so users can find relevant information in as few clicks as possible.
2. Images: Use appropriate alt text and captions to expand keyword usage.
3. Contact information: Names, addresses and telephone numbers (NAP data) should be easily accessible on every page.
4. Structured data markup: Use the schema – an encoding language – to properly label your website with meta tags called “structured data”. This allows search engines to crawl your website and index it for results.
5. Keyword goals: This can be as simple as optimizing an existing page so that it is classified for “content marketing agencies in Chicago” instead of a general “content marketing agency”. By ranking for local long-tail keywords, you can sort out visitors with little intention and only address those with geo-specific motives.
These forms of on-page optimization are often simple optimizations that can lead to great results. It is often a matter of speaking the same language as search engines so that they understand your domain and can best make it available to readers.
When taking sitewide factors into account, you can turn to external elements that are just as important for local search engine optimization.
Generate good quality backlinks and referral traffic
Go back to our starting point, take traditional SEO practices such as content creation and link building and localize them.
Incoming links are the most important ranking factor for both general and local search engine optimization. It is often time-consuming to create. If you create content around high-quality local keywords and then get local influencers with high authority to link to them, your chances of an increase in rankings increase significantly.
We often use the analogy of a city-specific restaurant. Let’s call it “Big Eats” and it’s based in Denver.
How can you get as many people as possible to view your restaurant’s website online and then make a reservation? Word of mouth is one way. Backlinks and referral traffic are more.
For example, if TripAdvisor, Yelp, and other local websites continue to mention Big Eats as a Denver hotspot, both locals and tourists will notice. Past customers talk a lot about how strong reviews prove. Many publications and best-of-lists are a must. They are now producing a flywheel for advertising and traffic – all based on a localized keyword such as “Best Restaurants Denver” or “Burgers in Denver”.
Your Website Should Be Mobile-Friendly.
Google now prefers mobile pages over desktop pages when indexing content in SERPs. This is because the usability of mobile phones is a top 10 ranking factor and about 60% of all searches are done on mobile devices.
Use Google’s mobile test to see how your website appears on mobile screens and whether changes are necessary from a presentation and a technical search engine optimization perspective.
46% of people read reviews on their phones, and 40% of buyers buy from your competitors when your mobile experience is bad. With terrible UX, there’s so much to lose.
So focus on the responsiveness of mobile devices as you revise your local SEO tactics – these are adjacent requirements for ROI in 2019.
What else do you need to know? Leave a comment below. Or, even better, ask us a question about GMB.
Content and Social Media Marketing
The Quality of Your Content Blog content is critical to your SEO. Keep all of these details in mind when creating new posts.
- Regularly write and publish high-quality original content for user and search intentions that appeal to your target audience.
- Publish more than 11 articles every month. Recent studies show that posting 11 blog posts per month is the magic number to generate more traffic.
– This helps in collecting additional external links.
-Check out our guides to evergreen and seasonal content and try using a mix of both.
-If you run a local business, you should consider additional topics, such as B. Guides related to your city and company. For example, a real estate company may have a guide to fun activities in different parts of the city to increase the SEO value for these local searches.
- Get active on social media. Learn more about how social media affects your ranking and make the necessary changes.
- Clean up duplicate content on your website or blog that can affect your ranking.
Sitemaps are used by search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yandex to capture the hierarchy and structure of your WordPress site and to ensure better crawling. Are sitemaps required? No, search engines crawl your website without it, but by creating this file you can also get more reporting data about your website. For this reason, we always recommend using a sitemap file: thanks to this file, you can give search engines a clear picture of your site structure, which among other things increases your chances of achieving Google site links. The Yoast SEO plugin actually offers the option of automatically generating your sitemap file for you. Follow the steps below to enable or verify this feature.
Claim Social Profiles
Another tip is to claim all of your social media profiles as soon as possible. As a rule, companies should do this immediately after launching their website. Most backlinks from social media profiles don’t follow but can cause a lot of traffic. Another great advantage is that social media profile pages rank very well in SERPs! So this can be very large for branding. Take Kinsta for example. Using social media profiles is almost an instant win for your brand and requires almost no effort on your part.
Local search engine optimization is a big issue. Much more than we can deal with in this post alone. Some quick tips are that local businesses should immediately register their website with Google Business and Bing Places. These are both completely free and will help you appear locally in SERPs. For example, I searched below for “Bio-Italian” and Picazzo, a local Italian place that was high on the list.
Best SEO services